VAC4030 – Senior Research Analyst
The Senior Research Analyst will be responsible for conducting market research and market screening for benefit of Industrial Parks & Economic Zones (IPEZ) and Logistics Services (LS). The role will provide market intelligence services and specifically:
- Report on best practices on investment and business facilitation processes
- Review of publications providing relevant information having an impact on PLEZ projects eg World Bank investment climate and ease of doing business reports
- Report on real estate, FDI, regulatory frameworks trends in targeted regions and countries
The Senior Research Analyst will perform market research to identify, quantify and analyse macroeconomic trends across a variety of assets within IPEZ and LS and will synthetize the relevant market information affecting IPEZ and LS business.
- Provide research, analysis and insight to support IPEZ & LS projects, including working with other Corporate Strategy teams to deliver relevant analysis on market sizing, market share and market performance.
- Develop processes and templates supporting market intelligence and reporting.
- Proactive approach to identifying materials, credentials and other information, particularly from key engagements, that are relevant within and across domains, and sharing that information in appropriate formats with teams.
- Support the collection of benchmarking data from projects to enhance the depth of data available.
- Perform quality assurance on due diligence documents focused on data, assumptions, scope, rates etc.
- Effectively communicate research findings comprising the right level of information to the specific audience.
- Research on best practice in Investment promotions, reporting standards.
- Support in collecting market information for specific project due diligence.
- Promote and demonstrate positive behaviours in harmony with DP World’s values and culture.
- Ensure that the highest levels of safety are applied in all activities.
- Understand and adhere to DP World’s Code of Conduct and Ethics policies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Recognised degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Law, Engineering or any other relevant field from an accredited university.
- Master Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Project Management or any other relevant field will be a distinct advantage.
Experience & Skills
- Minimum 5 years’ working experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in economic zones and/or industrial parks environment
- Experience in at least one area: real estate, economic development, investment promotion, logistics, shipping, trade facilitation sectors will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of research methodology inc: data mining, research frameworks, source identification and screening
- Demonstrable analytical capabilities, including strong quantitative/modeling skills
- Understand trade & investment promotion and facilitation techniques
- Understand the specific critical factors that will drive success for each PLEZ project (cost, market share, JV with governments etc.)
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Accommodation Allowance
- Transportation Allowance
- Annual Air Ticket(s) for self / and dependents
- Private Medical Coverage for self / and dependents
- Working days annual leave
- Annual Performance Related Bonus
- Impersonate DP World;
- Impersonate DP World employees;
- Conduct “job interviews” via text message, telephone, e-mail, and/or instant message (including Google Hangout) communications for work-from-home positions;
- “Hire” employees to join DP World;
- Provide the “employees” with funds to buy home-office equipment and pay DP World “vendors” via fraudulent checks and money orders; and
- Instruct the “employees” via e-mail, text message, telephone, or instant message to deposit the checks into their personal bank accounts and wire or cash transfer some portion of the funds to “vendors,” which are actually the scammers.
- DP World is not expanding its operations in the United States in the next 3-6 months (as the scammers allege);
- DP World’s operations in the United States are currently limited to Charlotte, North Carolina and are not expanding to any other locations for the foreseeable future;
- DP World does not solicit potential employees via text message or instant messaging;
- DP World does not interview employees by text message, e-mail, or instant messaging (including Google Hangouts);
- DP World does not issue payment to its employees, prospective or otherwise, via paper check or money order;
- DP World does not require employees to buy their own office equipment or personally pay vendors; and
- The scammers have fraudulently used the name of DP World and its employees without authority and for malicious purposes.
One of the red flags that distinguishes a false communication from a legitimate DP World communication is the poor grammatical use of the English language, which is apparent in conversations with the scammers. Another red flag is the method of communication as DP World does not use commercially-available e-mail providers. No legitimate DP World communication would come from a common, publicly-available email service like Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo Mail or Microsoft Outlook.
Further, false communications can also be identified by the tasks requested by the scammers. DP World does not request that its employees pay vendors personally, whether from their own funds or from funds provided by DP World. Likewise, DP World would never ask an employee to cash a check or money order and then make a deposit into a vendor’s account.
Contacted individuals should not respond to any communication regarding the scam, and under no circumstances should any individual deposit any checks, money orders, or other payments from the scammers into their bank accounts. If such funds are for some reason deposited, no payments should be made from those funds for at least seven (7) days after the funds are deposited to ensure the individual’s bank has accepted the check, money order, or other payment.
DP World encourages potential employees to refer to its website and its “Careers” section if they are seeking employment with DP World.
If you have any concerns about the authenticity of any correspondence or documents that purport to be issued by DP World, you should direct your concerns to DP World at HO.Recruitment@dpworld.com.